Stanley Mills Perthshire

Stanley Mills is a well preserved 18th-century mill dating from the Industrial Revolution. It was built as a cotton mill by local merchants and textiles were produced here for over 200 years.

The mills were built in 1786 with the machinery powered initially by water wheels, and later by electricity generated by water-powered turbines. As the market changed and new technologies developed, buildings were added, adapted, expanded, shut down, reopened and demolished. It is now run by Historic Scotland with part of the building converted to private housing.


stanley mills perthshire_1.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_10.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_12.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_13.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_14.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_15.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_2.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_3.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_4.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_6.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_7.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_8.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_9.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_bell tower.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_gate house.JPG

stanley mills perthshire_water wheels.JPG

Return to Taypearls Homepage